Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Switzerland is an independent international humanitarian medical organisation working in over 80 countries worldwide. MSF is working in Shiselweni Region of Swaziland, in partnership with the Ministry of Health, to improve TB and HIV services. In the framework of the above, MSF is recruiting a Lay Counsellor Educator to be part of the MSF team in eSwatini.
Perform basic counseling and/or educational activities to patients, families, communities, following MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve the health condition of the patient
• Support daily execution of research activity in health centre including recruitment of study participants, collection of blood samples, performing basic clinical and laboratory tests, and keeping records of all activities. Provide basic patient management such as triage, phlebotomy, patient counselling and adherence support by using MSF guidelines and protocols
• Actively promote the availability of MSF services
• Carry out, individually or in group, basic counselling and/or educational sessions, to patients, their families, hospital staff and/or the community
• Refer patients when necessary to other specialists or external actors in order to provide the best available support
• Collect and report specific information related to the target group
• Keep files and statistics updated about the counselling and/or educational activities
• Give testimonies to patients and in the community on own experiences as a patient
Education :Phlebotomist and HTC certification required
Experience : Experience in basic laboratory procedures, HIV testing and counselling Experience in research project is an assist
Languages : Fluent in SiSwati and English
Competencies: Excellent organizational, communication and negotiation skills Able to deal with confidentiality; discreet and diplomatic nature Honest and accurate person paying attention to details Result orientated, teamwork, commitment, and flexibility.
Interested candidates should have submitted their application with motivational letter, CV. recommendation letters, and certified copies of academic certificates to the Project HR Manager, MSF Nhlangano Of or email to
firstname.lastname@example.org by the 24th January, 2019, 17000 hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interviews in MSF Nhlangano Office.