Background Baylor College of Medicine Bristol-Myer’s Squibb Children’s Clinical Centre of Excellence (COE) in Mbabane and the associated Satellite Centres of Excellence (SCOE) at Hlathikhulu Government Hospital and REM Hospital in Manzini are a manifestation of a public-private partnership between the Government of the Kingdom of Swaziland and Baylor College of Medicine,Texas, USA. The Foundation seeks to immediately fill the following position: Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the IT and Facilities officer is responsible for maintaining all technologies of the centre including computers, printers and telephones ensuring that all databases and software are up-to-date and running appropriately. The officer is also responsible to make sure the buildings and grounds are maintained for smooth operations of the establishments for all the COE including the two satellite.
1. Knowledge of computers, PABX system, printing, photocopiers and related software.
2. Experience in overseeing a range of activities, including grounds maintenance, heating and cooling systems, electrical work, construction, security, and IT systems.
3. 5 years working experience of a NGO environment including manage donor funded projects.
4. Must be a self starter and team player 5. Must have a valid driver’s license
6. Able to work with minimum supervision, prioritize own workload and meet deadlines
7. High level of integrity, accountability, trustworthiness and ethically sound behaviour
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform routine maintenance of computer networks, servers (Domain and Client server), network hardware and network cabling and database systems ensuring reliability of the same.
• Troubleshoot and repair network and computer issues as well as enforcing best practices and policies for use of the organization’s networks.
• Perform routine backups, audit of systems, antivirus and software updates and smooth running internet.
• Perform and provide technical and software support advice as required
• Configures and maintain the telephone management system (Nortel Networks)
• Assess the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment.
• Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment and other systems in the building.
• Maintaining the efficiency and good working conditions of the facilities.
• Create a schedule of regular evaluation of the facilities.
• Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
• Monitor, evaluate and track vendor performance related to maintaining the facilities.
• Ensure that all the equipment and other facilities are working properly.
• Respond to staff service requests in a timely manner.
• Ensure preventive maintenance work orders are carried out in a timely manner.
• Initiate interventions to solve problems in the facilities.
• Prepare annual facility maintenance plans and report performance to Baylor leadership.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Diploma or equivalent in IT or Computer Science
2. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certificate or
3. A qualification in engineering would also be an added advantage
Interested persons can send an application to the Executive Director. Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation (BCMCF)-Swaziland, P.O. Box 110, Mbabane. Application letters can be hand delivered to the Finance and Administration Manager at BCMCF Swaziland, Cnr. Somhlolo and Sigwili Street, Kent Rock, Mbabane or by e-mail to: email@example.com by COB on the 18 January, 2019. All applications should be accompanied by a cover letter, CV, certified copies of academic certificates and three names of professional references. Faxed applications will not be accepted and only short- listed candidates will be contacted.