The Eswatini Sugar Association (ESA) invites applications from appropriately qualified candidates for the above vacancy. The key role of this position is to ensure the existence of adequate and effective controls in critical ESA operations.The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Responsibilities of the Job:
1. Conducts planned and special audits of systems and controls throughout the year to test the existence and effectiveness of controls in order to improve vigilance in critical areas identified in the context of the Annual Work Programme of the Audit Committee.
2. Recommends improved control procedures where gaps have been identified through audits.
3. Monitors the implementation of risk mitigation measures outlined in the Risk Register and presents reports at monthly management meetings.
4. Serves as Secretary for Audit Committee meetings. 5. Prepares, in liaison with the Quality Manager, procedures for incorporation into the ISO Procedures Manual on controls.
Requirements of the Job:
• Bachelor of Commerce Degree with majors in Accounting and Auditing or equivalent. Possession of a Chartered Internal Auditing (CIA) certificate or studying towards it would be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Auditing field, two of which should be at a Managerial position.
• Essential knowledge and experience in Internal Controls, Risk Monitoring and Corporate Governance Principles.
• Excellent planning, communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
• Integrity, sound thinking, analytical skills and results-driven.
Remuneration Package and Term: Competitive and commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
Applications, including a detailed curriculum vitae and three referees, should be addressed to Recruitment, Eswatini Sugar Association, and posted to P 0. Box 445, Mbabane, or hand-delivered to Nkhotfotjeni Building 4th Floor, Corner of Msakato and Dzeliwe Streets, Mbabane, or sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received by 18 January 2019.
(Only short-listed applicants will be responded to)
The SSA is an umbrella organization bringing together all growers and millers of sugarcane. Its highest policy-making body is the Council, where growers and millers have equal representation. The day-to-day functions are run by the SSA office led by a Chief Executive Officer, with its head office located in Mbabane, Technical Services Department located at Simunye and Big Bend whilst there is also an SSA warehouse at Mlawula.
SSA is responsible for providing the services necessary for the regulation and general development of the Swazi sugar industry as well as marketing of all the sugar and molasses produced in the country. SSA provides support services to the entire industry’s value chain which includes agricultural research and extension, cane testing, warehousing and distribution, marketing and policy advocacy.
SSA continues to strive for quality service in its operations and in meeting customer and stakeholder expectations. The SSA operations are based on the ISO 9001:2008 standard, with a supporting quality management system. The Mission Statement and Quality Policy Statements are available on the About Us link.
We invite you to learn more about our diverse organisation and the industry that we serve by navigating through the various sections of this website. The website is a means to communicate and avail our services and products to the stakeholders and the public at large. It is hoped, therefore, that is shall serve the purpose adequately.
To keep the website relevant, value adding and useful to stakeholders, feedback from users would be most welcome. The feedback information is provided anonymously, if desired. In your feedback please comment on the usefulness or otherwise of the website, and suggest areas of improvement. SSA also conducts periodic surveys which are an alternative means to get information on areas of improvement for the website or other operations.