Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Switzerland is an independent international humanitarian medical organisation working in over 80 countries world-wide. MSF is working in Shiselweni Region of Swaziland, in partnership with the Ministry of Health, to improve TB and HIV services. In the framework of the above, MSF is recruiting a Nurse to be part of the MSF team in eSwatini.
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
• Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical
• secrets and confidentiality at all times. Apply medical knowledge and skills for diagnosis and management of acute HIV infection
• Liaise with health facility staff in the planning and organization of coaching and mentoring of acute HIV infection study program.
• Conduct comprehensive consultations and documentation for biological interventions like Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP). and linkage to ART program.
• Ensure Pre and Post Exposure Prophylaxis counselling is completed and ensure comprehensive Pre and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP/PEP) services in conformance with MSF program.
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
• Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with tack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse. ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
• Provide Adherence Counselling at each medical consultation and carry out when necessary a Therapeutic education of the patient using a patient based approach.
• Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma,registered with the Eswatini Nursing Council.
• Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
• Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGOs
• Demonstrable experience in research and training others in a team setting
• Siswati language essential. English language desirable
• People Management and Development, Behavioral Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Computer Literacy. Preference will be given to Emaswati
Interested candidates should submit their application with motivational letter, CV. recommendation letters, and certified copies of academic certificates to the Project HR Manager, MSF Nhlangano Office or email to email@example.com on or before the 14 December, 2018, 1700 hrs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interviews in MSF Nhlangano Office.