Background The Baylor College of Medicine Bristol-Myer's Squibb Children's Clinical Centre of Excellence (COE) in Mbabane and the associated Satellite Centers of Excellence (SCOE) at Hlathikulu Government Hospital and REM Hospital in Manzini are a manifestation of a public-private partnership between the Government of the Kingdom of Swaziland and Baylor College of Medicine, Texas, USA. Through the TSP Program, Baylor-Swaziland and Baylor-Malawi are implementing the Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical Assistance for Sustainable Systems (SC+ PASS) Project in Eswatini_ The Foundation seeks to immediately fill the following position for the project:
MIS TECHNICAL ADVISOR
The MIS Technical Advisor will be responsible for supply chain IT infrastructure development, software delivery, building technical capacity in use of information technology for health logistics management, and project management. The MIS Technical Advisor will lead the delivery of the project's electronic logistics information management systems (eLMIS) implementation support to Warehouse Management Information System at the Central Medical Stores (CMS). The MIS Technical Advisor is primarily focused on application of electronic systems to improve automation for better functionality of the Logistics Information Management systems (LMIS) implementation and management as well as inventory management, quantification and forecasting tools. He/she is responsible for providing technical support to the SC-PASS coordination of data collection activities in support of operational research, MIS/IT-related assessments and evaluations, and the organization and leadership of workshops and trainings. The individual will play a lead role in evaluating electronic systems, IT infrastructure and identifying gaps in their functionality in collaboration with the SC-PASS technical team.
1. Lead and manage technical assistance for warehouse information management system (WIMS) strengthening to support CMS supply chain management improvement
2. Lead the improvement efforts for the configuration, reconfiguration and bugs fixing for the CMS Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software including the development and management of effective Vendor Managed Inventory systems
3. Develop SOPs and technical manuals for pharmaceutical systems Assist in coordinating integration of new systems and applications into existing systems and networks.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. Relevant information technology certifications related to MIS and/or systems strengthening activities along with a baseline understanding of best practices in project management preferred.
3. Advanced training in computer programming highly desirable
4. 5+ years of demonstrated and progressive experience in an information technology environment particularly involving large ICT infrastructure roll-out
5. Experience with roll-out of electronic systems within health sector including but not limited to the DHIS2, integrated patient records management systems, facility clients management systems, Rx Solutions, among others.
6. Demonstrated experience with ERP and software deployment for Supply Chain Management, logistics management, and project management.
7. Strong MIS project management and coding skills.
Link to full Job Description: httos://www.hivsharespace.net/opportunity/management-informa-don-systems-mis-technical-advisor
Preference will be given to applicants that are citizens of, and currently residing in Eswatini.
Application Letter addressed to the Executive Director, Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation- Swaziland, PO. Box 1 I 0, Mbabane should be submitted to the Finance and Administration Manager at BCMCF Swaziland, Cnr. Somhlolo and Sigwili Street, Kent Rock, Mbabane or by e-mail to: email@example.com>.AII applications should be accompanied by a cover letter and certified copies of certificates. Faxed applications will not be accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.