RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS CULINARY
• To establish and implement performance standards for the Kitchen and closely work with the Materials Manager to establish and maintain a streamlined and efficient operation of the Kitchen.
• • To ensure that all Kitchen forms and reports are forwarded in time to the Corporate /Area Food & Beverage Departments.
• To ensure accurate maintenance of recipes, conversion recipes, yield tables and product specifications.
• To conduct quarterly Menu Engineering exercise of all menus to confirm offerings are in line with market trends and ensuring to implement OC&C pricing models and menu structure as per company requirements
• Lead of the kitchen brigade and ensure ongoing development of Team Members
• Create menus that meet and exceed customers' needs and conform to brand standards and ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
• Develop positive customer relations through proactive interaction with Guests, Team Members, contractors, and suppliers
• Resolve, promptly and completely, any issues that may arise in the kitchen or related areas among Guests and Team Members
• To monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them. To establish an integrated cost management plan through product lining, minimal inventories, joint procurement with sister hotels and Delivery on Demand where possible
• Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
• Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team
• Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
• Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner
• Manage food control systems are adhered to them so margins are on target in a pro-active way
• Be environmentally aware and to ensure food wastage program is adhered to so that margins are on target
• Responsible for full implementation and upkeep of the Hilton HACCP manual — Identification of CCP's, training of entire F&B team, implementation of all record keeping, and monitoring of the food preparation processes to ensure compliance
To establish, implement, and control performance standards for the Stewarding Operation in both Kitchens, Restaurants and Bars to achieve the highest possible hygiene standards, minimize Operating Equipment Breakage and streamlined and efficient resource and equipment flows. To set_ in close conjunction with team, Annual Operating Targets, which will form part of the Hotel's Annual Business Plan. To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually. Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated Recruit, manage, train and develop the F&B Service team To participate with the preparation of a yearly marketing plan for each outlet, which is the basis of the Food & Beverage Annual Marketing Plan. To ensure that all Outlet Management Teams and Catering Depart-ment are fuffy asare of market needs and trends and that their products meet these requirements. To co-ordinate an effective and efficient Payroll Management / Resource allocation through establishing a flexible work force through-out the Division, based on the principles of Multi Skilling and Multi-Tasking Responsible for ensuring that the monthly working schedules are made and maintained in accordance with local legislation Manage department operations, including budgeting, forecasting, resource planning, and waste management Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives To ensure that the Department Operational Budget are strictly adhered to, monitoring all cost and recommend / institute measures to control them, reviewing monthly forecasts and schedule resources accordingly
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Relevant Qualification in hospitality 2-3 Years' experience as an Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Internationally recognized Food Safety certification — Intermediate level or above
• Dual responsibilities role — Exec Chef and F&B Manager therefore must have robust F&B service experience
• Possess strong commercial awareness and proven experience of managing financial budgets for entire F&B department
• Excellent management experience in both Kitchen and Front of House