RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• An Executive Housekeeper will be required to manage an efficient and effective rooms cleaning department by overseeing housekeeping & laundry operations
• Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement
• Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
• Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
• Inspect on a regular basis all fixtures, fittings, and appliances to ensure compliance to standards and take action as necessary to conform to standard
• Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Housekeeping/Laundry Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
• Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
• Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
• Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
• Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
• Recruit, manage, train and develop the Housekeeping/Laundry team
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2-3 Years Housekeeping/laundry experience in the hotel/leisure/retail sector in a Managerial or supervisory capacity
• A successful track record of managing a team
• A high school certificate or equivalent
• High level of commercial awareness and cost control capabilities
• Previous experience of managing a department and Profit and Loss account
• Possess strong commercial awareness.
• Strong influencing.
• Leadership skills.
• Inter-personal and communication skills.