Job purpose: To provide strategic direction and leadership to Personal Banking as part of the broader Personal & Business Banking (PBB) Africa strategy.
• Set strategic direction for the portfolio in line with PBB Africa, Africa and Group strategic agendas.
• Responsible for Personal Banking overall performance ie balance sheet, income statement, goals and profitability Understand and communicate market opportunities, competitor analysis and organisational readiness. Drive appropriate resourcing and human capital requirements and the development of the PB leadership and PB team.
• Oversee and offer support to sales and service teams.
• Competently manage product development teams
• Work with customer strategy teams, Insights teams and Segment.
• Build service proposition through customer strategy, measurement and enablement
• Develop and manage key stakeholder relationship on behalf of Personal Banking.
• Develop a culture of partnership and working together in Personal Markets
Qualification & Experience
• A minimum Honours degree in Business Management/ Finance or similar
• indepth knowledge of Personal / Consumer Banking in Africa and/or the Emerging Markets
• Credible experience having operated at both a strategic level in a similar function and environment for tic 55 than 5 to 8 years
Ability to operate in a matrix structure and work towards mutually beneficial solutions Understanding of Finance, key revenue and cost drivers, credit and collections and sales and marketing. Ability to balance strategic (long term) investment requirements with tactical facets (short term) demands such as annual profitability • Strong requirement to be flexible and adaptable in line with changing business needs • Ability to positively influence • Strong people management skills