Sebenta National Institute, a "Category A"Public Enterprise and a non-profit making organization, hereby invites qualified candidates to apply for the above vacancy. The mandate of the Institute is to provide Basic Literacy, Non-formal education and Vocational Skills to the Swazi populace. Purpose of position: To effectively manage and lead the financial management functions of the Institute
• Ensure that adequate accounting, budgetary and cost control systems are implemented throughout Sebenta.
• Ensure compliance with accepted international accounting standards and systems so that Seben-ta's financial transactions are accurately recorded and reflected in the accounts by staying abreast of such standards and systems.
• Liaise, as required with internal and external auditors, management and other stakeholders
• Ensure timely processing of financial obligations; invoices, claims, and payroll.
• Provide day-to-day leadership and management of the Accounts Department to ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and financial obligations.
• Develop, implement, review and update sound accounting policies, procedures, guidelines and obligations.
• Regulary review cash forecasts against actuals and review updates where necessary.
• Oversee custody and maintenance of the inventory of all assets.
• Aggressively lead resource mobilization efforts.
Education and Experience of the Job:-
• At least a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. A professional qualification in CA is desirable.
• Minimum of three years' experience at executive management level.
• Experience in working with government and/or in donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
• Availability and willingness to work outside normal office hours, without additional remuneration, to meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills plus computer literacy.
• Strong leadership, organisational and negotiation skills
• integrity, sound thinking and analytical skills.
• Team player
• Valid driver's license
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae and three references should be marked addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and marked 'SENIOR ACCOUNTANT'. They can be emaited to firstname.lastname@example.org hand delivered at Sebenta National Institute, P.O. Box 64, Mbabane
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Sebenta National Institute is a non-profit making organization (public enterprise) that provides a variety of services to enable people to achieve personal goals through Adult Basic Literacy and Non-formal Education.
Sebenta believes that a majority of the rural and peri-urban population in Swaziland is underdeveloped, and disempowered in part because of illiteracy, yet there is no way rapid development may be attained with an illiterate population. She believes that the ability to communicate, read, write and speak with confidence is the key to the up-liftment of Swazis.
The Institution strives to deliver a professional Basic Literacy Programme through professionally trained personnel who are dedicated to the course, armed with necessary resources and a broad inclusive curriculum.